ROAD TRIP - This blog is making a change of venue - a switch of setting! Hopefully, the trek will be seamless, but you'll want to change your bookmarks! The new URL is MarjiLaine.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ahhhhh, Paradise!

Visiting someplace called the Paradise Bakery can be a little daunting for a diabetic.  My diabetes is under control because I work on it all the time, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for some girl-time with a few of my buds.  The birthday gal chose this eatery, and I was determined to find something I could enjoy; I had no idea!

Granted, the huge dessert bar filled with amazing delicacies was tempting indeed. The bakery in itself would be reason enough for a daily visit! The food line had to go right past it, and even I was tempted, but the menu was just as tempting.  It offered all sorts of premium salads, soups, and sandwiches crafted on freshly baked breads of all sorts.

I chose a small Asian salad and a half tuna salad sandwich. Both tasted amazing and were very filling! The entrees all came with a complimentary chocolate chip cookie, but I gave mine to the birthday girl.  They must have been good, though, because she ate both mine and hers without hesitation, and she's a fitness nut!

I learned something here. I don't have to avoid restaurants or dining with friends. I know what I can and can't have and I'm stronger than I think when it comes to sticking to my guns. The bottom line is: I can maintain my lifestyle almost anywhere, even in the pit of temptation like the Paradise Bakery!

Where are you in your lifestyle or fitness goals? Do restaurants cause havoc?  

I have a confession: I wrote this blog before I downloaded that amazing picture at the top.  YUMMMMY! Not sure I could have passed that one up quite so quickly if I had seen it!

No comments: