ROAD TRIP - This blog is making a change of venue - a switch of setting! Hopefully, the trek will be seamless, but you'll want to change your bookmarks! The new URL is MarjiLaine.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fierce and Determined?

I watch baby eagles.  I know, they are 4 states away from me, but I have their weather link on a bookmark so I can keep tabs on them.  Seriously!  Look at them!  It's like they're right outside my window and I've been watching them since they were still in the eggs!


Free TV Show from Ustream

I've watched these babies grow from tiny little puffs of gray fluff into the sleek black beauties that they are now.  I remember checking on them while it was storming here and there things were all quiet until the dad showed up at the nest and he and the mom started squawking at each other.  I thought it was just a family squabble until I heard the screech owl somewhere in the darkness.

Those little feather balls wouldn't stand a chance against an owl.  Even I knew that, and they stayed tucked deep into the nest next to Momma, probably by instinct.  During the day, they were fiercely determined to out-eat their siblings, but in the shadows of the night, they were thoroughly unequal to anything that lay outside their home.

Sometimes I feel like those eagle babies.  I'm determined to push my desires through, fierce in my confidence and conviction, yet deep down I know I'm totally unequal to the task.  It's a good thing I'm not in this alone!

No comments: