ROAD TRIP - This blog is making a change of venue - a switch of setting! Hopefully, the trek will be seamless, but you'll want to change your bookmarks! The new URL is MarjiLaine.blogspot.com

Monday, June 27, 2011

Favs from Last Week!

Inspiration comes when you least expect it.
This week's offerings of the best I saw on the web give a huge variety of topics from writing (of course) and social media, to spiritual truths and even a little bit of politics. All of them win an "Inspy" award for hitting me right where I needed it when I happened upon them! Like last week, I was able to narrow my list down from 10-1, but I lost count of how many blogs I scanned to get to these 10! Make sure you visit and leave them some comments!

10  Writing is Fighting
Posted by Jill Hathaway on Saturday, June 18, 2011. This article was sheer poetry and spoke to my situation and feelings when I read it.

9  Four Killer Backstory Mistakes Mystery Authors Make
Posted by Nancy Curteman on April 12, 2011 (Yes, just happened upon this one!)

8  Social Media
Posted by Katie Ganshert on June 3, 2011 Excellent article by an author whose debut novel comes out May of 2012.

7  10 Commandments for Writers
Posted by James Scott Bell at The Killzone on Sunday, June 19, 2011

6  What's in a Name?Posted by Julie Glover on Wednesday, June 22, 2011.

5  Time to Celebrate!
Posted by Maria Morgan on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 Finding reasons to celebrate, especially for what our Lord has done for us!

4  Testing
Posted by Donna Pyle on June 1, 2011 Just caught this one, too.  Spiritual testing differs from academic testing. Instead of analyzing what we understands, it pushes us to grow into deeper understanding.



3  Greek Problems
Posted by Ken Gross on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 Applied first century truths to current upheavals.

2  Three Steps to Writing a Christ-Centered Novel
Posted by Michelle Massaro on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 Inspirational and something I really needed to hear to remind me of why I'm doing this!

This week's favorite comes from a new Twitter buddy of mine and it is totally different from the others in the list, but a little laughter goes a long way!

1  What's the Worst that Could Happen
Posted by Julie Anne Lindsey on Thursday, June 16, 2011. This list had me belly-laughing! Thankfully her meeting wasn't nearly so eventful!

Which article would've been your number 1?

No comments: