ROAD TRIP - This blog is making a change of venue - a switch of setting! Hopefully, the trek will be seamless, but you'll want to change your bookmarks! The new URL is MarjiLaine.blogspot.com

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Fire and the Glory


Sitting here in the midst of the Texas summer, I long for fall and the promise it always holds.  I know, the word promise has always been used as an attribute of spring, but see I was a teacher.

There's just something about a fresh clean school in late June, where the classroom is just waiting for decorations and the students needs must be analyzed to figure out the best ways to reach them.

Yes, autumn is my favorite season! Even now, when I'm no longer teaching, well, not for money anyway, the fall looks forward.  It starts up my routine after the lazy days of summer, careens me into the winter holidays, and refreshes me with possibilities.

The fact that I like summer the least and fall marks the end of it, might also have something to do with why it is my favorite!

This beautiful bridge could be the cover of a novel! In fact, it reminds me of the "children's" story, Bridge to Terabithia, although I have trouble calling that a children's story.

Still I look at this bridge and, while my mind fills with all sorts of story ideas, I'm at a loss as to how to describe the amazing beauty of this place.  The poet in me is awakened, but I don't think I could possibly do it justice.

The tired jaded wood fades into final song, bursting forth in fiery glory before sleep claims its prey.

Yep, I'm no poet, but I'm still totally inspired by this picture.

Where does this take you! Comment just a sentence describing this place, or how it would make you feel to stand on this side of that bridge?

No comments: